About last night….
I prepared these coconut chia banana pancakes…
totally on a whim, made up my own recipe, and it came out amazingly perfect.
My best recipes are the ones unplanned!
I just picture in my mind what I want the final outcome to taste and look like, and just go for it.
Unfortunately this dish was messy, but whatever! It all goes down the same gullet.
This dish is Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, and Vegan.
4 large eggs
1/4 cup cassava flour
1 large banana
3 Tbsp chia seeds
4 Tbsp coconut flour
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Whisk eggs.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Spray frying pan with avocado oil or spread coconut oil.
4. Pour pancake mixture into frying pan.
5. This mixture is thick and high in fiber so it will take more time in between flipping.
6. Be patient!
7. Peak at the bottom of the pancake and flip when lightly browned.
8. I topped these pancakes with 100% maple syrup, fresh sliced bananas, shredded unsweetened coconut, crushed pistachios, and walnuts.